200hr Yoga Teacher Training Course – Algarve, Portugal
Join our 200 hr yoga teacher training in Portugal & certify as a confident & professional yoga teacher
The Indiv Yoga™ 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training in Portugal is a comprehensive RYT200 (Registered Yoga Teacher 200 hr) Yoga Alliance certified course, with a therapeutic focus on how to teach yoga for every INDIVidual
Details of Our Training Course
The next course starts in:
Location: Algarve, Portugal
- Vinyasa, Hatha & Sivananda Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Chair Yoga (for corporate, less able & elderly)
- Kids yoga & Prenatal Yoga
- Yoga for common injuries & anxiety
- Meditation & Mindfulness techniques
- Teaching methodology, sequencing & techniques
- Yoga history, philosophy & traditions
- Anatomy and physiology of yoga
- Asana, pranayama, kriyas & bandhas
- Ayurveda, chakras & mantras
- Yoga Nidra
- The business of teaching yoga – principles, marketing & getting started.
- How to: methodology & skills to teach yoga for every individual!
- Max 10 students
- Accommodation in a large private SEA VIEW VILLA – private/twin rooms available, en-suite bathrooms, swimming pool, gardens, sitting rooms & terraces
- Pick up from Carvoeiro town or Lagoa bus station to villa
- Comprehensive course manual
- Yoga mat and equipment for duration of course
- Yoga Alliance RYT 200 hour certificate recognized worldwide
- Continued support from Indiv Yoga and its community
- Discounts on further courses, retreats, classes and workshops
- Cliffs, caves & local fishing village visit
- Nature, walks, beach (weather permitting)
- Graduation night ‘out on the town’ dinner
25 hours of the course is done before and after the course dates in the form of coursework, to make up the full 200 course hours. More information in the Pre-requisite section below.
|06:45||Morning tea in noble silence|
|07:15||Yoga class & meditation|
|09:15||Introduction & basics of today’s module|
|12:15||Theory/anatomy & physiology/practice|
|20:15||Karma Yoga/module revisionfhomework|
|21:30||Meditation & noble silence|
How to enroll in the training course?
- READ our AMAZING reviews by clicking below!
- BOOK the BEST 200 hour yoga teacher training course in Europe!
- RECEIVE your Yoga Alliance RYT 200 hour yoga teacher training certificate!
Read Why people love our 200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training
Join the BEST yoga teacher training course in Europe and read our AMAZING reviews on Google & Indiv Yoga Facebook or scroll below!
Watch What They Say
Upcoming 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Courses
|30 March - 13 April||
Teacher Training Portugal – April 2023
|09 - 23September||
Teacher Training Portugal – September 2023
|04 - 18November||
Teacher Training Portugal – November 2023
|23 March - 06 April||
Teacher Training Portugal – Easter 2024
For more dates click HERE
Meals – vegetarian
(we can cater to vegan, gluten & dairy-free diets)
- Before the course you will fill out a diet & preferences questionnaire for the housekeepers.
- Breakfast: to your preference
Lunch & Dinner: Salad, soups & hot dish
Use of the kitchen ingredients to cook your own meals
- Additional items can be requested & paid in cash to the housekeepers
Prerequisites / Eligibility
to attend the Indiv Yoga™ 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training Course
- Minimum 1 year of regular yoga classes & practice
- Good command of the English language
- Good health – Approx 3.5 hours of asana practice is done a day (please check with your doctor if you are in any doubt regarding your fitness to complete the course)
- Short evaluations of 7 yoga classes, taken between the day you book the course and the course start date. Classes must be a minimum of 60 mins, live or online, and of at least 3 different yoga styles ie. hatha, vinyasa, yin, ashtanga etc. The evaluation should include the name of the teacher and style of yoga, and the aspects of the class that you liked and didn’t like ie. sequence, pace, ambiance, teacher etc, for you to begin considering the kind of classes you’d like to give and teacher you’d like to be.
- Pre-course reading – BKS Iyengar ‘Light on Yoga’
- Have a strong desire to deepen your knowledge of yoga, and work hard to certify as the best professional and confident yoga teacher you can be!
Requirements for Receiving Your Diploma
- Attend EVERY day of the course
Adhere to course rules and karma yoga
- Practical Exam: Successfully lead a 75 minutes yoga class, safely assisting inversions
- Written exam: pass mark 70%
- Post-course work: to be submitted up to 3 months after the last day of the course
- The course fee can be paid in full or in 3 payments:
Once the 1st payment (deposit) is received, your place on the course is reserved.
- The 2nd installment of 50% of the remaining course fee, must be made up to 2 months before the course start date, and confirms your place on the course.
- The 3rd payment of the remaining 50% must be paid up to 2 weeks before the course start date. You will not be sent a reminder so please mark these dates in your calendar or you risk losing your place to someone on the waiting list.
- Please refer to the full Terms and Conditions for further information.
Lead Trainer: Charlie Stewart-Brown ERYT500, RPYT, RCYT, YCEP Founder of Indiv Yoga 2009
Charlie began practicing yoga over 25 years ago as a recommendation for her severe anxiety, and has been teaching for over 14 years to people of all ages and abilities. With over 1300 hrs of training and 22,500 hrs of teaching, she is also the lead trainer on the Indiv Yoga 200 hrs YTT & RCYT Kids Yoga Teacher Training Courses, having certified over 400 students worldwide. She is the voice of the ‘Yoga and Mindfulness Program’ on British Airways long-haul flights and has give a presentation at the Annual SGIS (Swiss Group of International Schools) Conference on the ‘Importance of Implementing Mindfulness in the Education System’. She also runs an exclusive yoga retreat every year which teaches people to apply simple principles of yoga and mindfulness in their everyday lives. Originally from London and having worked in New York and Lisbon after her Psychology degree, she has since settled with her husband in Switzerland, and dedicated her life to expanding her knowledge of the science of yoga, mindful meditation and better physical and mental health.
Over the years Charlie has trained with some of the most renowned yoga teachers around the world (David Swenson, Shiva Rea, Anne-Marie Newland, Leslie Kaminoff, Sadie Nardini, Sonia Sumar etc) certifying in Hatha, Sivanada, Ashtanga, Childrens and Family Yoga, Yoga for the Special Child, & Inner Engineering with Sadhguru. She has become highly respected for her successful work in yoga therapy, especially for Autism, ADHD and other behavioural and developmental syndromes. She has also talked at some of the biggest corporations in Switzerland and the annual SGIS (Swiss Group of International Schools) Conference on implementing Mindfulness in the work place and the education system.
Charlie holds the highest yoga qualifications as an ERYT500 (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher), RCYT (Registered Children´s Yoga Teacher), RPYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher) and YCEP (Yoga Continued Education Provider) with the Yoga Alliance, and has developed Indiv Yoga™ to bring a more physiological, therapeutic and individual approach to yoga and meditation. Indiv Yoga™ Switzerland is a RYS (registered yoga school) and RCYS (registered children’s yoga school) providing Yoga Alliance teacher training certifications of the highest professional standards.
Read her online testimonials and qualifications for a feel of her knowledgeable and friendly professionalism.