Indiv Yoga Switzerland Terms & Conditions and Etiquette
BOOKING TEACHER TRAINING COURSES, RETREATS & WORKSHOPS
(This does not apply to those who have booked through a 3rd party website)
- Once the application form has been submitted, the deposit payment received and the personal profile completed, your place on the course/retreat is reserved only.
- Payment for course/retreats can be made in full,
or in 3 payments: 1. Deposit/ 2. 50% of course fee/ 3. remaining 50% of course fee:
- When the deposit is paid, the first 50% of the remaining price can be made immediately to secure your place, if you chose not to pay the price in full.
- Once the deposit and 50% of the course fee is paid, your place on the course/retreat is confirmed.
- 50% of the fee must be paid up to 2 months before the course/retreat start date.
- If 50% of the course fee is not received up to 2 months prior to the course/retreat start date, your place is not confirmed and may be given to someone else. The deposit is non-refundable.
- The remainder of the full payment must be made up to 2 weeks prior to the course/retreat start date.
- If the remaining, full fee is not paid by up to 2 weeks of the course/retreat start date, you place may be lost and given to someone on the waiting list. You will not receive any refund for monies paid.
- We DO NOT send out reminder emails for upcoming payments. It is the student’s responsibility to make a note of when their next payment is due.
- The deposit fee and 50% of the reduced course/retreat fee must be paid by the date stated, for any Early Bird coupon discount code to be eligible.
- Any bookings made within 2 months of the course/retreat start date, must paid in full to secure and confirm your place.
(COVID-19: If a retreat, or yoga teacher training course, is cancelled due to Covid-19, a full refund minus bank/credit card fees, will be issued. If a Yoga Teacher Training Course is postponed, the student can transfer their booking to the postponed course dates, or any course dates in the following 15 months from the original course date booked. The amount already paid for the original course will become credit for whichever course dates transferred to. If the course is not canceled or postponed, but the student decides they would prefer to transfer themselves to a later course date, because of a valid Covid related reason, it is at Indiv Yoga’s discretion to allow this or not. Refunds will not be issued unless a course or retreat is canceled.)
If a participant withdraws from a course before it commences under any circumstances, the deposit fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
For participants who would like to cancel their reservation, money will be refunded according to the following schedule:
- For cancellations 5 months or more prior to start date: Full refund, less the deposit, of payment will be issued.
- For cancellations between 5 months and 90 days to training start date: 50% refund of payment will be issued, less the deposit.
- For cancellations within 90 days of training: No credit or refund is available. This also applies if you do not show up, are dissatisfied or if you leave a program early for any reason. We also reserve the right to not credit students with Yoga Alliance certifications if you do not meet all the criteria for graduation from the program or adhere to the course rules – in this case no refunds will be made.
Indiv Yoga™ is not liable to anyone in case the course is postponed or cancelled. If you are making any travel arrangement prior to this confirmation, we would advise you to subscribe to a flexibe ticket or cancellation insurance as Indiv Yoga™ cannot be responsible to any cost incurred for cancellation of your travel. This also applies if you do not show up, or if you leave a program early for any reason. We also reserve the right to not credit students with Yoga Alliance certifications if they do not meet all the criteria for graduation from the program – in this case no refunds will be made.
Cancellations must be done in writing. Any refunds will be processed 30 days after receipt of your written cancellation. You may email email@example.com with your cancellation request. Indiv Yoga™ reserves the right to issue a refund in exceptional situation, however a small fee will be deducted from the refund.
Indiv Yoga™ reserves the right to cancel any program at any time. In this event, you will be given a complete refund of your course payment. In the event that a natural disaster or other event causes a program to be moved or otherwise changed, Indiv Yoga Switzerland will do its best to provide adequate substitutions if the program will continue; no refunds will be given if you choose not to attend or leave early.
A minimum of 4 students is required for the Kids Yoga Teacher Training Courses, and a minimum of 6 students is required for the RYT 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Courses. If these minimums are not met up to 3 weeks before the course start date, Indiv Yoga™ will issue a full refund.
Participants are responsible for their own travel and medical insurance.
TEACHER TRAINING COURSES
I understand that if I fulfill all the requirements of the Indiv Yoga™ Teacher Training, including in class hours, homework, exercises and passing both the written and in class final exams, I will receive a certificate of completion, which can be submitted to the Yoga Alliance for registration, showing that I have completed a 200 hour Teacher Training program.
Paying for the program and completing the hours alone does not mean I will pass the course.
I understand that Indiv Yoga™ reserves the right to ask me to leave the program if I am found plagiarizing, my behavior is inappropriate, unethical or violates the Yoga Alliance ethical or course guidelines. Under such circumstances I understand I will not be refunded my tuition.
I understand that Indiv Yoga™ reserves the right at any time to ask me to leave the training if it appears that my health or physical practice are not at the level to fully participate in the training.
I understand that if I cancel 90 days prior to the start of the training, my payment may be transferred toward a future Teacher Training course.
Indiv Yoga™ is not responsible for any travel costs that you incur to participate in the training.
Once the program begins, tuition is non refundable and non transferable.
I understand that all Indiv Yoga™ Teacher Training materials are under copyright protection and cannot be reproduced by me without the permission of the author. Failure to comply may result in legal action
“Personal Information” means all information about an identifiable individual. Indiv Yoga™ recognizes the importance of privacy and recognizes the sensitivity of personal information received by us in the course of offering our service. We recognize our professional obligation to maintain the confidentiality of our clients’ information, and recognize our obligations concerning the personal information of all individuals that we collect, use or disclose in our practice.
By using this website you acknowledge that:
- we cannot ensure the security or privacy of information you provide through the Internet and your email messages, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such information by other parties;
- we are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Service;
- we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of messages sent by other users of the Service, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any communications you may receive from other users;
- we cannot guarantee, and assume no responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the information provided by other users of the Service.
You may not use the Service for any unlawful purpose. If you use this service unlawfully we will pass along all information to the appropriate law enforcement agency. We may refuse to grant you an ID or nickname that: impersonates someone else, is protected by trade-mark or proprietary law, or is vulgar or otherwise offensive, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
This Agreement constitutes your agreement with Indiv Yoga™ with respect to your use of the Service. You must agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement in order to become or remain an authorized user of the Service.
Your right to use the Service is subject to any limitations, conditions and restrictions established by us from time to time, in our sole discretion. We may alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time, including the availability of any Service feature, database or content. We may also impose limits on certain features and aspects of the Service or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
CODE OF CONDUCT
You agree to use the Service in accordance with the following Code of Conduct:
- you will keep all information provided to you through the Service as private and confidential and will not give such information to anyone without the permission of the person who provided it to you;
- you will not use the Service to engage in any form of harassment or offensive behavior, including but not limited to the posting of communications, pictures or recordings which contain libelous, slanderous, abusive or defamatory statements, or racist, pornographic, obscene, or offensive language;
- you will not forward chain letters through the Service;
- you will not use the Service to infringe the privacy rights, property rights, or any other rights of any person;
- you will not post messages, pictures or recordings or use the Service in any way which violates, plagiarizes or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including but not limited to any copyright or trade-mark law, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights, or is fraudulent or otherwise unlawful or violates any law;
- you will not use the Service to distribute, promote or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation for funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services.
- you will not use the Service to distribute or up load any virus, trojan horses or do anything else that might cause harm to the Service, Indiv Yoga™ systems or to other members’ systems in any way.
- you will not post or transmit in any manner any contact information including, but not limited to, email addresses, “instant messenger” nicknames, telephone numbers, postal addresses, URLs, or full names through your publicly posted information.
- you will not cause the Service to be accessed through an automated or robotic means, including but not limited to the rapid access of the site as in a denial-of-service attack. Such restriction shall not apply to legitimate search engine activity which does not place an unreasonable burden on the Service.
- you will not use a third-party application such as a mobile smart phone application, social media or other Web page widget, or any other such mobile, social media, Web, or desktop application to access the Service, except where such application is either provided by us or endorsed by us. Such restriction shall not apply to a browser application which merely displays the pages of the Service in their entirety without modification or reformulation of content.
MONITORING OF INFORMATION
We reserve the right to monitor all advertisements, public postings and messages to ensure that they conform to content guidelines that are monitored by us and subject to change from time to time. To learn more about this behavioural advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org.
REMOVAL OF INFORMATION
While we do not and cannot review every message or other material posted or sent by users of the Service, and are not responsible for any content of these messages or materials, we reserve the right, but are not obligated, to delete, move, or edit messages or materials, including without limitation profiles, public postings and messages, that we, in our sole discretion, deem to violate the Code of Conduct set out above or any other applicable content guidelines, or to be otherwise unacceptable. You shall remain solely responsible for the content of profiles, public postings, messages and other materials you may upload to the Service or users of the Service.
TERMINATION OF ACCESS TO SERVICE
We may, in our sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Service at any time, with or without notice, for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this Agreement. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity, or that may otherwise affect the enjoyment of the Service or the Internet by others may be grounds for termination of your access to all or part of the Service at our sole discretion, and you may be referred to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
The Service contains information which is proprietary to us, our partners, and our users. We assert full copyright protection in the Service. Information posted by us, our partners or users of the Service may be protected whether or not it is identified as proprietary to us or to them. You agree not to modify, copy or distribute any such information in any manner whatsoever without having first received the express written permission of the owner of such information. All photographic and video material taken during a course, retreat or workshop is the property of Indiv Yoga to be used on the website, social media or advertising.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for suspension of the Service, regardless of the cause of the interruption or suspension.
Your account is private and should not be used by anyone other than you. You are responsible for all usage or activity on the Service by users using your password, including but not limited to use of your password by any third-party.
MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that any material or content distributed by Indiv Yoga™ constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our website; your address, telephone number and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You understand and agree that you use Indiv Yoga™ and its related services at your own risk. Indiv Yoga™ services are provided on an “as is” basis without representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title, non-infringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are incapable of exclusion under law.
Indiv Yoga™ does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of, or otherwise endorse any information contained on Indiv Yoga™. Due to the number of sources from which content distributed by Indiv Yoga™ may be obtained, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in such content. You acknowledge that use of the service is at your own risk. we do not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any member profile, advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed, uploaded or distributed through the service by Indiv Yoga™, our partners or any user of the service or any other person or entity. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, member profile, advice, statement or information shall be at your sole risk. Your continued use of the service now, or following the posting of notice of any changes in this agreement, will constitute a binding acceptance by you of this agreement, or any subsequent modifications.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that under no circumstances will Indiv Yoga™, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third party content providers or licensors be liable to you or any third party for any loss whatsoever caused by your use or reliance on information obtained through the content distributed by Indiv Yoga™ as well as any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages or injury arising out of the use or inability to use the Indiv Yoga™ service or out of the breach of any warranty, or caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to and/or alteration of the Indiv Yoga™ website, no matter whether such claims are based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or any other cause of action, and regardless of whether Indiv Yoga™ has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Some jurisdictions limit the availability of such limitation of liability, in which case the provisions of this section may not apply to you. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall our liability exceed the sum of CHF100.00 Swiss Francs.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Indiv Yoga™ and all officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensor’s and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all liability and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of this Agreement or the foregoing representations, warranties and covenants. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defence of any such claim. Indiv Yoga™ reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and Indiv Yoga™ regarding the use of our services and supersedes any other agreement or understanding on the subject matter. This Agreement, your rights and obligations, and all actions contemplated by this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Switzerland. As a condition of using Indiv Yoga™ services, each user agrees that any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with Indiv Yoga™, shall be resolved through arbitration, with such arbitration to be held in Nyon, Switzerland.
Additionally, except where prohibited by law, as a condition of using Indiv Yoga™ services, you agree that any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected to our services shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You also agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising from or related to the use of Indiv Yoga™ must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and be enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable without the prior written consent of Indiv Yoga™. Indiv Yoga™ may assign this Agreement in whole or in part. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement. Headings are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. All notices under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been duly given when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or email or upon receipt, if sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested.
From time to time, Indiv Yoga™ will promote, endorse, or suggest products and/or services for sale, which means when you click on links to various merchant sites that are recommended in articles and subsequently make a purchase, it can result in a commission that is credited to Indiv Yoga™.
Indiv Yoga™ recommendations are always based on the belief that the product and its author will provide a valuable product, information or service, based on a review of that product, the relationship with that person, and/or previous positive experience with the person or company who’s product is recommended. In some cases, Indiv Yoga™ will be compensated if you decide to purchase that product based on these recommendations.
Indiv Yoga™ and the owners assume no liability for products purchased outside of Indiv Yoga™ and from third-party websites or sponsor ads. Do your own due-diligence before making any purchases. Please make sure you read the terms and conditions of any product before you purchase.
Banner ads may appear on the website that may be affiliate advertising. Indiv Yoga™ may derive income from your accessing these advertisements or purchasing the products. Indiv Yoga™ does not personally endorse the products and services advertised in these ads, we strongly recommend you perform due diligence before parting with any money.
The use of the word ‘therapy’ and ‘therapist’ in regard to Charlie’s work, has no medical standing and refers to specifically designed yoga courses for a diversity of private clients. The word ‘therapy’ is used in reference to her many years of successful one-to-one work, especially in reference with special needs children. She is currently working on furthering her qualifications in nutrition, anatomy and physiology, and awaiting the term ‘yoga therapist’ to become officially recognised.
Geneva 17th February 2016